Saturday 11 February 2012

Fortnum and Mason Experience.

I had to take some photographs of the window displays at Fortnam and Mason as I thought they were really amazing looking. They were filled with all sorts from teacups, cupcakes to jars of food and champagne.
Every single window was packed and decorated with amazing products and themed with butterflies. 
Objects rotated within the display.




Fortnum and Mason Food Experience.







We found the amazing cupcakes, situated at the front of the store displayed in huge glass counters. It was too hard to resist purchasing one. it was packaged beautifully, placed in a Fortnam and Mason green box.

I purchased a double chocolate brownie from the counter also. It was worth £4.


Glazed Fruit: Fortnum and Mason.




One thing that really caught my eye was the amount of glazed fruit they had displayed. This gave me some inspiration for my project. when I arrived back from london I researched how easy it would be to create my  own.

I found a really good website.


 How to Glaze fruit.


  • 1. Clean, peel and slice the fresh fruit and arrange it on top of the dessert.
  • 2. Create the glaze by heating 1/2 cup of apricot jam or preserves, along with 1 tbsp. of water, in a saucepan over medium heat until the mixture becomes a liquid. Substitute strawberry or red currant jam or preserves for the apricot if you desire.
  • 3. Remove the melted jam from the heat and pour it through a fine wire strainer to separate any fruit pieces. Allow the glaze to cool down until it is just warm.
  • 4Dip a small pastry brush into the warm glaze and spread a thin layer all over the fruit. Refrigerate the dessert if you don't plan on serving it right away.
  • http://www.ehow.com/how_7708191_glaze-fruit.html


  •  Marzipan Fruit: Fortnum and Mason.





    Beside the glazed fruit were marzipan treats shaped as small pieces of fruit. This is another piece of research I will think about using when deciding on ideas for my still life shoot.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment