Tuesday 21 February 2012

Still Life Photography.


I research many still life photo shoots. Most of these images I found in magazines and on a website called Trendland.

I found an article on Food Photography by Maren Caruso.

The San Fransisco based photographer Maren Caruso has produced some amazing food compositions with her unique style. I especially love her deconstructed series from ingredients to final product, it reminds me a lot of Karl Kleiner.
Here are a few images of her work:










I also found a few photographer's who just photograph food.

MARINA AURORA

        http://trendland.net/marina-aurora-food-photography/


         Paris Patisseries: Light and Pastry.

The following shots are from 16 different french ‘pastisseries’ highlighting translucency, texture and color in pastries. I like all those pastry shots, they’re done in completely natural light with macro lens.



ANNA WILLAMS.

Brooklyn based photographer Anna Williams has some very mouth watering imagery in her portfolio. Beautifully composed with color gradients and textures, William’s has been has been shooting for clients who include Martha Stewart Living, O Magazine, Food & Wine, Proctor & Gamble, and Williams Sonoma amongst others. I’m getting pretty hungry just by looking through her images.





I found these still life photographs by word of mouth, magazines and online.
HENRIK BONNEVIER.






I love all of these images. I like how he has just used a bright coloured backdrop in each image. This is something I will think about doing when it comes to creating my own still life.


CARL KLEINER
I really like all of Carl Kleiners work especially his fruit and veg images.



...again I like how he uses a coloured back drop in his images keeping it very simple.






I am really inspired by his mirrored image technique. This is something I could test out before shooting.







BELLA BORSODI








WHYNE VEENE




this is another technique I really like above. 



MARTIN VALLIN










No comments:

Post a Comment